Wednesday, July 20, 2011

July 17-20 The Reds are Here

Camping in Soldotna's Centennial Park

Gary is a pro at putting the RV in the smallest of spots.  Small tree branches are touching us on both sides. We've been in Soldotna since last Wednesday.  Tonight (7/20) is our 8th night here.  There is no way to explain what they call "combat" fishing.


Everyone has their own little space and you fish by flipping your line out from the 2 o'clock position to the 10 o'clock position over and over. You're only going out about 15-20 feet.



More fishing and a cleaning table.


Our catch for one day.  Gary got 2, I got 1.




The next day the score was Karen 2, Gary 0, but I think he went out later and got 1 or 2.  If I look a little wet it's because I lost my footing and fell in the river.

I told you about dipnetting in my last blog. Here's what their catches look like.
July 20 - I'm being lazy today. Gary just left to go fishing for a couple hours and then we have to do laundry and grocery shopping. 


Don't know if we'll keep anymore of the reds.  Our freezer is full to overflowing and we've been eating fish at least fifty percent of the time.  We even had to take our icemaker out to make room.  We still have silver salmon fishing to go later in the month and early August.

Tomorrow we take the girls to the groomer at 8:00 a.m. and as soon as they are done we'll start our journey to Valdez.



No comments:

Post a Comment